Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spontaneity at its Finest

     There are many different adjectives I could use to describe my relationship with Matt. (All positive of course!) One of the adjectives that I love about us the most is spontaneous. You would think that someone who's career use to be all about "planning" and the OCD we both live with would prevent impromptu and spontaneous adventures with each other, but that is not the case. Since we started dating, I have loved that while we may plan for one thing, we almost always end up doing something else. For instance, on our way to Disneyland one night, we instead ended up in Hollywood searching for stars on the Walk of Fame and seeing just how far Sunset Blvd. really goes. Today, we booked a little Summer getaway for ourselves. We have been saving up for some time in order to do something fun this Summer. We knew it wouldn't be anything big or elaborate because we have our sights set on Italy in the next year or two, but still wanted to be able to getaway, just for a few days. Well, we found a perfectly affordable trip that will take us to San Francisco and Monterey for a few days each. And....we leave 1 week from today! All of a sudden, I have work to get done this week! I am so excited! Thanks to Hotwire we got FANTASTIC hotel deals and have found of plenty of things to check out for little to no cost in both cities! We will splurge a little by taking in a Giants game, going to Alcatraz (I have never been) and the Aquarium in Monterey! We will road trip too to save the cost of flights (believe it or not, driving is still cheaper than flying), and should have fun since we have never driven more than 4 hours before together! (I foresee some CD burning taking place this week to prep for the long drive). I love that while we some plans, our time is still open to a change and checking out new discoveries a long the way. But what I love the most is that almost 5 years into our relationship, we are still being spontaneous and open to new (and last minute) adventures! I hope we never loose this. 

P.S. Did I mention how much I LOVE having Summers off?!?!

Next week's journey takes to the following: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment