Saturday, October 15, 2011

Another Step Toward Adulthood

At 28 years old, I typically feel nothing like an adult. I don't really know what I want to be when I grow up. I'm still a full time student. I don't do many domestic things. And I feel like I just run around trying to keep my head above water on most days. However, this week, I did something that made me feel just a little bit gown up! I paid off my car!!!! All by myself. I saved for the down payment. I made every single loan payment. I paid for the insurance, the registration, and all the maintenance. (Of course, since getting married, this automatically becomes a joint effort, but still - done without the help of parents.) And this week, it all paid off. The car is officially mine. I own it completely. What a truly wonderful feeling! Of course, all week, I have been so nervous that the car will now get totaled...but I am trying to stay positive and focus on our big accomplishment. Now, time to start saving that car payment money for the next one! 

 
Except mine has a moon roof!!

No comments:

Post a Comment