Sunday, October 9, 2011

New York State of Mind

So, maybe I should just change this blog from "Adventures" to "Spontaneity!" Matt and I have done it again! Thursday, Matt and I received an email from Groupon Getaways about a deal on a New York City hotel. Just for fun, we though we would check out the cost of flights...lo and behold, we found some good deals! Better prices than I have seen on flights that didn't take you across the country. You could almost hear the wheels turning in both of our heads. We checked out the balance on our travel savings account (which we started over a year ago, but really hadn't had a chance to use yet), and all of a sudden, this random fantasy seemed very realistic. 5 days later, we booked the whole trip! Found AMAZING deals for flights, great prices on a mid-townhotel, parents offering to pay for special excursions as an early Christmas present, and were able to get tickets for the 9-11 memorial on Thanksgiving morning. Itinerary has been made. Costs calculated. Plans to gorge ourselves on pizza and pretzels from street vendors are in place. Now, we just have to wait...it will be a long six weeks. It is literally all I can think about every day. I CAN NOT WAIT. 

I have been to the Big Apple once before with two fantastic girls and we had such a great time! I am so excited to go back and this time with my best friend! We are in desperate need of a getaway right now. I can not think of a better way to spend our Thanksgiving break! Matt is so excited, he even went out and bought a pair of jeans!! (I got a scarf...it's beautiful!) 


I don't think we could ever plan trips to far in advance, the suspense is causing me anxiety and I don't think I could handle a longer wait!

Can't wait to do some shopping here: 
Going to see this play on Broadway:  

Oh! And did I mention?!?! We get to see the city in the Fall!! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Perfect time and place to visit for your trip but how much did this all cost to you because last summer I also visited New York and Independence towers as well but every single time, I stepped on the road, there were taxi expenses and many other ones and all my budget just messes up. I cancelled my trip and came back. Yesterday, I got a proposal from a site which says that it provides the best tour deals to the visitors to save their money and I clicked the domain as well to uncover my curiosity about the deals so I hit http://www.tripindicator.com/city-pass-new-york/compare-new-york-pass-vs-citypass-explorer-pass.html and have selected a deal for me, my wife and my 4 year old son this spring. I hope that our this visit will not be just a mess but a memorable for all of us and I recommend the site to all to visit and select on your own.

    ReplyDelete